1. The Tecumseh Trunk Show will be coming to the Elementary Theater again this year for grades 4-6. The date is Oct. 9th. It lasts approximately 40 minutes and then Q & A time after the show. We are hoping to start at 9:30 to allow Middle School students time to switch back to class before lunch at 11:00. 4th graders will be brought to the theater at 9:15. 6th grade are to be released to the theater from Middle School second period at 9:20 and 5th graders to the theater from specials at 9:20.
2. There will be a meeting during flextime on Monday for all students who signed up for the Quiz Team. ( Jaylene Anderson, C.J. Cook, Mars Coste, Natalie Hall, Gavin Smith & Kelsey Taylor)
3. The Huntington Cross Country Invitational Meet which had been postponed will be tonight. The course will be at the Hopkins Family Farm located at the corner of St. Rt. 772 and Rozelle Creek Rd. The race schedule is: 5:00-Jr. High Girls, 5:30-Jr.High Boys, 6:00-H.S. Girls, 6:45-H.S. Boys. Following the High School Boys race will be a 1 Mile Fun Run. Entry for the fun run will be $1 for Huntington students and $2 for non-Huntington students. All proceeds for the fun run and concessions will go to the Huntington MADE program. Everyone is invited to come out and watch our teams compete.
4. The cheerleaders are selling Discount Cards for $5. See any cheerleader to purchase one and support our cheer squad.
5. Hey Middle School….we now have a Parent Teacher Organization! The first project discussed at yesterday’s meeting is to sponsor a “Penny War” as a fundraiser to purchase Chromebook cases. There will be a kick off assembly on Friday during flex period in the Middle School gym. The Penny War will be between grade levels and will begin next Monday. More details will be coming Friday. If your parents would like to be a part of the PTO, contact the school for more information.
6. School pictures will be Sept. 12. Order forms will be sent home this week. All students will need to be photographed, even if you are not purchasing pictures. We need these for the yearbook, school records etc.
Sept. 12 – School Pictures
Sept. 14 - Interims