Welcome to Computer Tech!
TECH TOOLS (Grades 9-12)-Learn how to use all of the neat technology tools that HHS utilizes! This class will give you solid 21st-century skills that will be helpful to you for years to come. Some of the tools we use:
- Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft Word (and Draw Tools), Excel, Paint and Gmail (Huntsmen e-mail), Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Presentation, Google Sites, typing.com, Wordles, Tagxedo, Photoshop, Symbaloo, Avatar, code.org (Course 1, Course 2, Hour of Code), Web Searching, Pivot, Powtoon, Quizlet, Everfi-Ignition.
GRAPHICS TECH (Grades 10-12)Graphics Technology is a project-based course that develops technology skills in print production and graphic design, using Adobe tools. The Adobe Creative Cloud tools include Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Introduction to design fundamentals, layout principles, processes and techniques.
- Graphic design projects including posters, signs, flyers, cards.
- Must have previously completed Tech Tools successfully prior to taking Graphics Tech.
PRINT SHOP (Grades 11-12) Students will enhance their skills in the Adobe Creative Cloud tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. The focus will be on larger print production projects as well as more in-depth content and advanced techniques for graphics and layout development.
- Introduction to paper management and cost estimating.
- Advanced graphic design projects including brochures and banners.
- Experience working in a functioning printing lab.
- Must have previously completed Graphics Tech successfully prior to taking Print Shop.